Sunday, September 24, 2006

 

PCEDUG Meeting

On the 5th of September I attended a PCEDUG (PC Education User Group of Victoria) Meeting held at Kew High School. PCEDUG has been running for twenty years and started as a mutual support group for people using IBM JX computers.

It’s free to join and anyone can attend the meetings. There are usually four meetings a year and is made up of a Mixture of classroom and IT teachers, ICT Managers, computer technicians and network managers.


The evening I attended was hosted by MMT (Multimedia Technology P/L) and Commander. Michael Dyson from MMT spoke about different technologies within the school IT environment. There were a number of very cool products they had on display including the Panasonic ToughBook. OMG, I jumped every time they grabbed it by the screen and whacked it back onto the table it was sitting on.

I unfortunately couldn’t stay for the entire meeting but after the presentation, Peter Burgess spoke about Kew High School and its progressive move into Information Technology.


If I ever become an IT teacher, I know I will be keeping PCEDUG on my list of favorites.

Your Vice President, Stuart

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]